National Development Manager - Countdown NZ
- New Zealand, Auckland
- Property & Real Estate, Development
- 22nd August 2019
- Job Type
We’re very pleased to bring to market this fantastic job opportunity with Countdown’s property development business. The National Development Manager position is a key role in the successful realisation of Countdown’s property strategy which serves the needs of their various retail divisions.
Countdown forms part of Woolworths New Zealand, a subsidiary of the ASX listed company, Woolworths Limited. They’re New Zealand’s leading supermarket brand, serving more than 3 million customers every week via a network of 180 supermarkets supported by 18,000 + team members. A significant feature of their customer delivery success is their property asset base and this role is critical to the continued growth of that asset base.
The purpose of this position is to manage the Property Development Team and all development projects being undertaken by Countdown.
The Property Development scope has been extended to take all development projects through to completed base build before handing over to the store development team to complete fit out. As a result this is a true full lifecycle development business that requires it’s Development Managers to run schemes cradle to grave.
Key candidate requirements are as follows;
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Property, Law, Commerce or Construction related field
- At least 15 years industry experience in the Property sector, substantially in Development Management
- Track record of successful industrial/commercial project delivery in New Zealand. Retail and mixed-use delivery experience would be an advantage
- Full lifecycle development experience through acquisition, consenting and turnkey delivery
- Advanced financial numeracy, particularly as it relates to development feasibility
- Proven stakeholder management experience, both internal and external, at all levels and a collaborative approach to relationships.
- Must have run successful investment approval processes through to board level
- Team management experience required
- Strength in strategic thinking, innovative thinking and problem solving are requirements of this role
Countdown is a highly active property developer in a market where creativity and innovation in development management is required to achieve successful outcomes. This role provides an exciting, dynamic and progressive backdrop for an experienced, talented Development Manager to operate from.
To register interest in this very compelling role please apply with your CV attached or contact Guy Davidson directly at email@example.com or 021 237 9037