- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Investment Management
- 11th June 2019
- Job Type
On behalf of Stride Property, one of New Zealand's leading listed property companies, Cobalt are recruiting for an Investment Manager to join their team here in Auckland.
Stride Property Group (SPG) is an NZX listed stapled group comprising Stride Property Limited (Stride) and Stride Investment Management Limited (SIML).
They are primarily investors in New Zealand office, retail and industrial property. SIML is a specialist real estate investment manager.
The investment manager has a key position within the investment management team responsible for originating, analysing and structuring new investment opportunities for the wider business and it's funds.
In your new position you will work with investment, development and asset teams across the company including executive management and Board Directors, with key tasks including but not limited to:
- Working closely with investment analysts to assess financial and commercial information relating to investment opportunities, including provision of valuations to support acquisition and disposals.
- Presenting investment opportunities and related analysis while pitching the proposed course of action to the executive.
- Oversee the use of complex financial models to; provide timely, accurate and efficient fund business plans, forecasts, modelling and other analytics to facilitate clear business decision-making and investor reporting.
- Engages in regular research and reading to stay apprised about the state of the NZ economy, global financial markets, general current events and research across core and adjacent property sectors to inform strategy and business decision making.
- Maintains current knowledge of the debt and equity capital markets, including interest rates and investment returns, as they relate to SIML managed funds and makes strategy recommendations to the executive.
- Maintains and develops relationships with, investment banks, domestic banks, other debt providers, valuers and commercial real estate agents, research analysts and research providers, investors, and other key stakeholders to stay informed of market activity and originate transactions.
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A NZ recognised tertiary degree in, Accounting, Property or Finance (e.g. Economics, Property, Valuations, Finance, Commerce/Business)
- Be a Chartered Accountant, a CFA charter holder or candidate.
- 5+ years prior experience within the property sector, investment banking and corporate finance in an accounting firm, or funds management (e.g. Fund analyst, IB or Corporate Finance analyst, Commercial Valuations, Property/Development Analysts, )
- Possess a high financial aptitude, commercial acumen and ability to analyse financial data from budgets, business plans and valuations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the capacity to produce high-quality reports, analysis and presentations under tight deadlines
- Strong numerical reasoning and well-developed financial modelling skills with an understanding and working knowledge of asset management software
- Relationship management experience, and a customer/client focus
- A high level of flexibility and the ability to work hard in a demanding environment
Career enhancing opportunities with an employer of this calibre don't frequent the market very often. If you are looking for senior position with a highly active investor in the property market this is a fantastic opportunity to achieve that objective.
If you're interested to learn more about this opportunity please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation contact Matt Webster at Cobalt Recruitment on (09) 303 9093