Development Manager / Senior Development Manager
- Negotiable + Car, bonus and benefits
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Development
- 1st October 2019
- Job Type
Cobalt Property Recruitment is delighted to be partnering with one of New Zealand's leading and 100% Kiwi owned organisations. The business understands that property, and its further development, is pivotal to their future growth and long-term success.
In order to strategically enhance and manage their substantial portfolio they are seeking to recruit an entrepreneurial Development Manager or leadership Senior Development Manager in their Auckland head office. With the capability for immediate involvement on significant developments and an impressive sustained development pipeline, this is a role critical to the successful realisation of investment.
They're passionate about what they do and focused on achieving exceptional results, which is why they are seeking an equally passionate and skilled individual to join the business for this strategic development role.
The position requires end-to-end development expertise, so they're particularly focused on finding a candidate who has a proven history of identifying, evaluating and developing properties to align with their long-term vision and strategy.
The scope extends to take all development projects through to the build stages, dovetailing with their design and delivery team. As a result, this is a true full life-cycle development function that requires its Development Managers to run schemes from the earliest inception stages through to completion.
To be considered for this position, you should be able to demonstrate the following experience/attributes:
- tertiary qualifications and a core background in a relevant discipline such as property management, valuation, planning, engineering or project management.
- 5-10 years of property development experience with the majority of that spent in a Development Manager's capacity
- front-end development experience, incorporating preparation of feasibility reports, business case modelling and due diligence
- a track-record of success in the management and delivery of commercial development projects, particularly running multiple schemes concurrently
- The capability to lead and mentor other development managers (at Senior Development Manager level) or lead by example (as an accomplished Development Manager)
- Strong statutory and legislative understanding for potential impacts on development activity
- an excellent communicator who is fully capable of maintaining and building existing relationships
- highly organised with an innate ability to connect strategy through to commercial output
Our client is a highly active property developer in a market where creativity and innovation in development management is required to achieve success. This role provides an exciting, dynamic and progressive backdrop for unrivalled career progression for a dedicated development professional.
If you're interested to learn more about this compelling opportunity, please submit your interest via the link above. Alternatively, for a confidential conversation please contact the exclusive recruiter, Cobalt Recruitment and Christian Lawrence on (09) 303 9093 or 027 2739983