Building Services Engineer
- GBP45000.00 - GBP50000.00 per annum + plus benefits
- UK, London
- Property & Real Estate, Facilities Management
- 17th January 2020
- Job Type
I am working with a London borough to recruit a Building Services Engineer (Mechanical OR Electrical Bias). You will support the specification, procurement and management of all building, mechanical and electrical engineering services and of capital programmes.
You will be integral in helping the organisation ensure they are compliant under relevant legislation and ensure major projects are delivered in time and on budget from an M&E perspective.
Salary; £42,500 - £50,000 with attractive public sector benefits.
Location; NE London
- The development, agreement and implementation of planned, preventative, cyclical and reactive maintenance together with the development of the capital programme for investment in the Council's estate.
- Support the development and implementation of a clear Asset Management Plan.
- Manage and monitor relevant hard facilities management contracts and budgets.
- Put in place appropriate procedures and contracts in respect of statutory and regulatory compliance (asbestos, legionella etc) and building condition surveys etc across all Council properties.
- Ensure that all statutory and regulatory obligations are met.
- Provide the first response to relevant reactive maintenance/repairs requests.
- Good quality degree or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Membership of relevant professional body in a relevant area.
- Minimum of five years' experience within a similar role delivering similar services.
- Direct experience in the specification, procurement and management of service and maintenance contracts.
- Practical knowledge of facilities management related regulations and statutory requirements
- Developing, delivering and monitoring schedules of planned, preventative, cyclical and capital works across a similar estate.
- Full UK Driving License and use of a suitable vehicle to attend meetings around the Borough.
This role is an ideal opportunity to work for a community driven, established team on a diverse portfolio of corporate, commercial, leisure and residential buildings. The team is made up of experienced property professionals with substantial experience who you can learn from and add your own experience and ideas to their processes.
If you have experience of building and hard services, please submit your CV or call Matthew Mullin 0207 478 2526 for further discussion.