- Negotiable + Bonus and benefits
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Asset Management (Real Estate)
- 3rd February 2020
- Job Type
One of New Zealand's most dynamic listed property companies, Augusta, is recruiting for an Asset Manager based in Auckland. Supporting both the Head of Assets and senior team, this new role is testament to their continued growth, progressive resource planning and development of the business towards its goal of becoming New Zealand's leading property funds manager.
Listed on the NZX, Augusta actively manages more than $1.80b of assets including office, retail and industrial properties throughout NZ and Australia. The business has evolved from its origins as a single asset property syndicator and today is one of New Zealand's largest property funds management specialists.
This role provides a unique opportunity to focus on the asset management discipline at a strategic level and target opportunities with robust, long-term investment fundamentals. The Asset Manager will gain key exposure across Augusta's impressive portfolio, which holds a balance of commercial, industrial and retail asset classes, along with diverse interests which include tourism infrastructure.
Key accountabilities involve:
- Strategic asset and scheme management of a mixed sector commercial portfolio.
- Oversight and monitoring of an outsourced Property Management service.
- Investor management and communication, incorporating bi-annual reports and annual investor presentations
- Acquisition and growth - supporting the Head of Assets and senior team in actively identifying and pursuing opportunities. Assisting with due diligence programmes and reporting findings to the board on potential and new acquisitions.
- Identifying value-add development potential on the assigned portfolio and working with the in-house Development Managers to deliver on.
To be considered for the role of you are likely to have the following skills and attributes:
- Degree educated with c.10 years' experience gained working in asset management, strategic property management or leasing and asset strategy. Experience of retail and large format retail assets will be a distinct advantage
- Highly aspirational with an outlook aligned to focusing on the variety and breadth offered by a career in client-side commercial asset management.
- A proven track-record of being the 'best in class', with the passion to expand this into involvement in property and investment at the top level.
- Commercially aware with a strong understanding of the Auckland and wider New Zealand property market.
- Knowledge of financial management, modelling and budgets in relation to all real estate matters.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills for working with numerous group and external supplier functions.
- A robust and confident character, with a customer-focused approach to deal tactfully with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborate worker with the acumen to think laterally and adapt to new situations.
This exciting role affords the opportunity to progress your career in commercial asset management and to expand your skills in both the transactional and strategic aspects of property.
If you are interested to learn more and receive a full job description, please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation please contact Christian Lawrence at Cobalt Recruitment on (09) 303 9093