- GBP20000.00 - GBP23000.00 per annum
- UK, Midlands
- HR & Business Support, Business Support
- 25th July 2018
- Job Type
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable Team Secretary to join a busy centrally based firm of Building Surveyors in the City Centre. The Team Secretary will provide the main secretarial support to the office which will involve deputising for the PA to the Partner whilst providing office administration for an office of approximately 15 fee earners.
The Team Secretary will also be part of a national hub, supporting other offices as and when the need arises.
Key duties will include:
- Producing accurate reports, letters and other documents in accordance with with group's standard formats, meeting any agreed deadlines.
- Accurate and up to date filing of correspondence and other documentation.
- Planning, monitoring and control of own workload.
- Managing own and Surveyors diaries efficiently.
- Processing expense claims and travel arrangements for Surveyors.
- Following all departmental procedures including Health & Safety support to surveyors
- Operating a variety of standard office equipment, including photocopier, fax,
- Telephone, binding machines and CD burning equipment
- Other ad-hoc secretarial and administration responsibilities
In addition the Team Secretary may be required to help out with office administration such as:
- Incoming post - open, date stamp and pass to office partner. Receiving deliveries. Outgoing post - copy, prepare, frank and post.
- Filing. Creating electric and hard copy files. Archiving.
- Issuing reports - printing, binding and sending.
- Photocopying, printing, scanning, binding, uploading/re-sizing/transferring photos.
- Maintaining stationary stock and ordering items when necessary.
- Liaise with office cleaners and suppliers (milk man, papers, etc).
- Maintaining a tidy office.
Applicable candidates must be able to prove experience of the following skills:
- Extensive experience in digital dictation
- Accurate typing speeds, minimum 45-50 wpm
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications with intermediate experience in editing and formatting Excel documents
- Experience of working with Microsoft Outlook would be an advantage but not essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with clients, all levels of staff and other external contacts are essential.
- A professional and can-do attitude
- Self-motivation, flexibility and the ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisational abilities and a good eye for detail
Please apply online with your most recent CV. To discuss this Team Secretary role in more detail, please contact Maria Sinclair on 0161 457 0105 or email email@example.com