- Up to GBP30000 per annum
- UK, Midlands
- Business Support, Business Support
- 16th September 2019
- Job Type
Events Co-ordinator, PT, Northampton, £30,000 Per Annum (pro rata)
My client is an international and leading building consultancy looking for an Events Co-ordinator to join their expanding team on their Northampton site. This role will function on a Part-time basic (20 hours per week) to support the existing events and administration team.
Main duties will include:
- Client effectively to discover exact event requirements.
- Marketing events
- Conducting research into venues, suppliers and contractors.
- Negotiating prices and hire where required.
- Pre-event planning and organising guest speakers.
- Coordinating suppliers and handling all client queries
- Managing suppliers and the event logistics (venue, catering, travel)
- Producing detailed proposals for events (including timeframes, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing requirements and budgets)
- Managing staff where required.
- Organising facilities for car parking, traffic control, security and first aid.
- Overseeing the event process from start to finish
- Clearing the venue efficiently after events.
- All ad-hoc administration
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 6 months previous Events Co-ordinator experience
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Excellent time-management ability and able to work under pressure ensuring the efficient running of an event
- On the spot problem solving skills
- Good understanding on the Microsoft office package particularly PowerPoint
- Flexible approach to hours