Portfolio Management Director - Industrials
- Negotiable + Competitive salary + bonus
- UK, London
- Financial Services, Private Equity/Principal Investment
- 3rd February 2020
- Job Type
Our client is a very highly regarded industrials focused private equity fund with an international investment mandate. Having been established for a number of years with a top-tier investment team, the group has built an impressive and multibillion dollar portfolio of assets.
Holding majority interest and full ownership stakes in their investee companies, the fund works closely with the senior management of portfolio companies to develop and implement strategic and operational improvements as well as lead mergers & acquisitions and bolt on deals to achieve growth. Having recently established an Asset Management Division, there is a need to hire a senior portfolio manager to play a key role in working with portfolio companies to create strong returns for the parent company.
The Asset Management Director will:
- Report directly to the Head of Asset Management whilst overseeing a small team of junior professionals.
- Directly interact and liaise with senior management of portfolio companies to develop and implement strategic and operational improvements to increase the value of the portfolio.
- Select, oversee and coordinate third party advisory firms.
- Conduct market analysis and research to develop and implement strategic initiatives.
- Oversee and lead M&A activity and bolt on acquisitions to portfolio companies, taking responsibility for originating and executing deals where necessary.
- Lead quarterly analysis of the portfolio and provide regular updates and recommendations to the Committee and senior management of the holding group.
- Provide training to junior members of the team as and when necessary.
Interested candidates must:
- Be currently sitting in either a senior asset management position within an industrials investment fund or a leading strategy consultancy group.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the industrials space with a proven deal/project track record.
- Demonstrate excellent strategy & operational development and implementation experience with industrial based groups.
- Possess a very strong technical skill set including market analysis, financial analysis and ability to build models.
- Hold a business, finance or related degree from a highly regarded university and whilst not essential, an MBA is preferable.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Be highly motivated to join an established fund where you will be part of the asset management team and helping to drive portfolio growth.
The criteria listed above will be strictly applied. Should you feel you meet the requirements, you are respectfully requested to submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Cobalt are specialists in the industrial and infrastructure financial services market.