Associate (m/w) Real Estate Business Managament
- Germany, Hessen
- Financial Services, Risk Management & Compliance
- 28th September 2017
- Job Type
Our client is one of the largest asset managers in the world and provides investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. To help clients around the world to meet their goals and overcome challenges, our client offers a broad range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles. Our client employs couple of thousand people and operates from more than 30 countries.
The Real Estate department manages over $20 billion in private and public real estate equity and debt in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The team manages investments on behalf of public and private pension plans, insurance companies, foundations, endowments and private investors. With a broad array of investment strategies, including core, value-add and opportunistic, our client offers extensive experience encompasses many major geographies as well as all major property types including office, industrial, retail.
For our clients Real Estate Business Management team we are looking for an Associate located in the Frankfurt office. Primary focus will be providing support from a finance perspective with the execution of transactions and debt financing for the German portfolio and with operational risk management. The role includes assisting with closing acquisitions, disposals, bank financings, hedging strategies, implementation of tax structuring and with the ongoing monitoring and management of operational risk.
In addition, the role may include providing assistance with transactions and financing for investments in other EMEA countries and with wider Fund activities, including foreign currency hedging, Fund-level debt financing and implementing new business processes and initiatives.
Main tasks / Key Responsibilities
- First point of contact and full responsibility for all tasks related to the financial activity of the real estate team in Germany
- Responsibility for the plausibility check of the medium-term and long-term financial planning of the company
- In charge to coordinated the financial due diligence process and provide financial analysis for the different transactions phases (screening investment opportunities, execution, closing etc.)
- Responsible for the financial structuring and incorporation of entities and banking arrangements
- Aggregation, analysis and preparation of various data and reports, combined with the individual investment interests as well as calculating NAV (ad hoc) for several reports
- Creation and updating of project budgets / models including target / actual comparison, hold-sell analyzes etc.
- Ensuring all accounting and controlling processes, including analyzes, reporting and evaluations, in coordination with the asset and investment managers
- Control of the quarterly and annual financial statements of all portfolios in accordance with IFRS, HGB and local GAAP in close cooperation with other European offices
- Support for tax, finance and transaction management, among others
- Participation in due diligence, preparation of decision-making documents and reports for senior management in Frankfurt, Luxembourg and London
- Providing support with investment level debt financing
- Participation in the debt tender process and drafting of request for proposals
- Term sheet negotiation and lender selection
- Review and execution of loan documentation and preparation and execution of interest rate hedging strategies
- Management of lender reporting requirements and monitoring of loan covenants
- Completed studies with a degree in business studies or a degree in economics, preferably complemented with a more finance focused degree (MBA, Master in Finance)
- Relevant professional experience (preferably> 10 years) in the area of accounting and controlling in a comparable position in the real estate sector, usually with investor, an asset management company or one of the Big4s
- Excellent knowledge in accounting law (HGB, IFRS, US-GAAP, Lux-GAAP) and the most common valuation methods
- Experience in the commercial real estate market in Europe
- Excellent numerical understanding, very good analytical skills as well as excellent modeling skills in Excel are the prerequisites for the position
- Excellent computer skills of all current MS Office products
- Outstandingly well organized personality and highly precise character with a high degree of commitment, self-initiative, and independent working methods
- Persuasive and competent personality with a professional approach and secure communication
- Teamplayer with the ability and the will to quickly take responsibility
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
Are you interested?
Then please send your complete application with the reference number FeF/1273938 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our specialist recruitment consultant Felix Fiedler at +49 (0)69 3 4877 0 915.
We are looking forward to receive your application!