Senior Civil Engineer
- NZD100000 - NZD120000 per annum
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 4th March 2020
- Job Type
Large subdivisions. Strong project pipeline. Varied projects. 360 degree project management. Autonomy. These are the first words that come to mind when thinking about this client. Renowned for their strong growth over the past few years as well as their impeccable delivery standards, our client continues the upward trajectory in 2020 and are now growing their services within the Waikato region. Our client is on the hunt for a Senior Civil Engineer with aspirations to grow and manage a team of engineers and designers working on these high profile commercial & industrial land development projects.
This role will see you working in a 360 degree project management capacity on projects that personally interest you. With a stocked pipeline that is ever growing, there is no shortage of challenging projects to choose from. You will be tasked with all stages of the project including initial investigation, detailed design, on site construction monitoring and handover after completion of construction. With a mix of both office and site based work, it's a great balance for both honing your project management skills and growing your technical knowledge.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Be CPEng qualified (or close to qualified)
- Experience managing a team of engineers/drafters
- Have a background in civil engineering - land development
- Business development skills
- Brilliant communication skills - both verbal and written
The ideal candidate will be:
- A go-getter - not afraid of chasing a great opportunity
- Able to communicate plans effectively to colleagues and staff
- A brilliant listener - to staff and clients alike
- A leader at heart - able to motivate staff and exemplify our client's company culture
On offer is a highly competitive salary with a well-known name in the industry and the ability to progress your career with a company that is renowned around New Zealand for their supportive and caring company culture. Working with arguably some of the best in the business and with ongoing training/support provided, you will have the opportunity to consistently grow your knowledge within the land development sector. This opportunity is not one to be missed and is sure to be snapped up soon.
For further information on this, and a number of other similar positions, please contact Varshaa Veerakumar at Cobalt Recruitment on 09 303 9093 or by applying directly to this advert. All communication will be treated in the strictest of confidence.