- UK, London
- Accounting, Accounts Assistant
- 2nd February 2018
- Job Type
An amazing opportunity is open for an ambitious and driven candidate to join a leading Real Estate Investment Trust. The business owns properties independently valued at approximately £2 Billion in the UK and parts of Europe, investing in assets with solid property fundamentals spread across retail, offices, logistics and hotels.
The main purpose of the role is basic accounting and cash management work in the management accounting function assisting the Head of Management Reporting.
Key tasks, responsibilities and deliverables:
- Reconciliations of bank accounts on a monthly basis by working day 5
- Translation of foreign currency bank accounts at month end exchange rate
- Process regular non-invoice payments e.g VAT, PAYE and salary payments
- Understand AP and AR processing and invoicing
- Preparation of basic management accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
Essential experience and knowledge:
- 1-2+ years experience in Accounts Assistant role, including experience preparing bank reconciliations
- Knowledge of prepayments, accruals and journals
- Basic VAT knowledge
Key competencies and qualities:
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Strong time management and organisational skills
My client is keen to receive relevant CVs in the next few days. If you are immediately available (or 1 week notice) please do apply with an up to date copy of your CV.