22 June 2020
21 August 2020
As we move further into level 1, the market is showing some encouraging signs of recruitment activity. Law firms that previously weren't hiring due to covid-19 are starting to plan for the future. Some are ready to fill vacancies that were on hold and others are hiring due to continued growth and succession planning.
We are working on a number of opportunities across various South Island regions in the following areas of law:
- Employment Lawyer (3+ years PQE) - representing employers and employees on personal grievance claims, redundancy/restructuring, health & safety, advising on employment contracts and a chance to get advocacy exposure at mediation and the ERA.
- Family and Relationship Property lawyer (3+ year PQE). The work involves a mix of legal aid and private paying client work including relationship property, separation and child care at a general practice firm with a steady stream of work.
- Commercial & Property Lawyer at the Senior Solicitor or Associate level (5+ years PQE) - commercial property transactions, subdivisions and development work. Opportunities within a boutique commercial law firm and full-services law firm.
- Litigation Lawyer at the Senior Solicitor or Associate level (6+ years PQE) - exposure to a broad array of litigation matters within a general practice environment, including employment, relationship property, civil and commercial litigation.
- Resource Management Lawyer at the mid-senior level (5-8 years PQE) at a firm with a good work-life balance and interesting and diverse litigation and RMA work.
If you have experience in any of these areas and are considering the next step in your career, APPLY with your CV and academic record. To learn more about the opportunities we have, or for a confidential discussion, call Harrison on 027 274 5926. Suitability to opportunities is based on relevant work experience and academic results where applicable.
Thinking of relocating? Cobalt Recruitment has opportunities all across New Zealand, so If you are looking to move to another region or return from overseas, Cobalt is perfectly positioned to help you with the transition.