24 September 2020
23 November 2020
We currently have two exciting opportunities available with our clients based in Dunedin. These are well-established law firms with credible brands in the market that work with a diverse range of private clients and businesses. Workflows are consistent and the firms are in growth mode, so you can be sure to get solid experience while working with well-regarded partners in the industry. Our clients are looking to hire at the Solicitor or Senior Solicitor level but are interested in considering more senior candidates as well.
- General practice law firm with modern offices in a convenient CBD location, approachable partners and a pragmatic approach to their work.
- 3+ years PQE from a general practice, or specialist law firm, in one or more of these areas: relationship property, family law and employment law. Some criminal law experience would also fit well in this role.
- Experience appearing in court and mediation hearings would be highly-regarded.
- The role will include a mix of matters relating to complex relationship property matters (drafting Section 21 contracts), family law disputes, employment law matters e.g. advising restraints and dismissals, drafting employment agreements, personal grievances claims and health and safety matters.
- This is a varied role at a law firm that values people and promotes career development within the firm. On the cards is partnership for the right candidate.
Property & Commercial Opportunity
- General practice law firm with a strong commercial team that advises individual and business clients across various property and commercial transactions.
- 2+ years PQE in property and commercial law from a general practice or commercial property firm is needed.
- The property side of this role includes involvement with commercial property transactions, developments, subdivisions, commercial leasing, financing and property sharing arrangements.
- The commercial side will include drafting of various agreements, sale & purchase of businesses, corporate law (ownership structures, shares).
- Working with two highly respected partners at a firm with a long-standing heritage, this is the perfect opportunity for you if you have a background in these areas and want to work on more complex transactions to further develop your commercial law skills.
If you're looking for that outdoor lifestyle and work/life balance role, this is a good time to make the move. You may be a NZ qualified lawyer looking to return to NZ or to relocate to the Dunedin region and seeking an opportunity that will enable you to advance your career in an attractive part of New Zealand.
If you are interested in these roles, please "APPLY" by sending your CV and academic transcript. For more information call Harrison on 027 2745 926.
Thinking of relocating? Cobalt Recruitment has opportunities all across New Zealand, so if you are looking to move to another region or return from overseas, Cobalt is perfectly positioned to help you with your transition. Get in touch with our any of our legal recruitment specialists.