01 December 2020
31 January 2021
A proud independently NZ owned PQS are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor after securing new projects and with current pricing on additional projects in play. With an increase overall in approved and awarded projects across Wellington, this cost management consultancy have confidence in increasing their capacity to continue delivering exceptional services to market.
This business is a slick and reputable brand name, with outstanding and long standing relationships with clients. Their agility, commercial thinking and flexibility in the application of their services demonstrates what a reliable resource they are to the local and national market. Their specialist advice, cost management and contract administration spans across apartments, industrial, commercial office, hotel and tourism, schools and much more.
Based in Wellington, this role will see you working on current and future projects across one or more of the above listed asset classes, whilst supporting the overall business strategy of gaining more market share locally and nationally to effectively deliver for their current and future clients. The role would likely be suited to an experienced consultancy/client side professional, perhaps sitting in a PQS who isn't being provided the opportunities to grow and develop. Equally, this is an opportunity to join a premium business and gain experience on perhaps more superior projects to support your career growth.
Key criteria and knowledge:
- Pre-contract quantity surveying including cost planning, value engineering, contract documentation, cash flow forecasting, tender analysis, other financial calculations and related reporting.
- Post-contract quantity surveying including contract administration, process valuation, cost negotiation, financial reporting and related activities.
- Post completion quantity surveying.
- Information management and reporting.
- The ability to take the lead as well as work in a team and take instruction when necessary.
- Understand cost-to-completion projections and make decisions accordingly.
- Effectively manage project risk through mitigation planning.
Ideal background of the successful candidate:
- Industry related qualification. MRICS or MNZIQS certified would be desirable
- Previous experience working on a range of projects within the private and public sector
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to produce high quality reports
- An understanding of the NZ construction industry with 5-7+ years experience
- Competent in negotiation and client relationship building accompanied with a sound understanding of contract management
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and resilience in dealing with complex issues, and deploy sound problem-solving methodology
Please apply now or contact Rachel McNickle on 027 274 6821 if you require additional information.