18 October 2020
18 December 2020
A well established project delivery consultancy with extensive experience in all aspects of project management and project advisory. This business offers comprehensive services and guidance to enhance projects every step of the way with the scope, scale and skills to do so.
With significant current and future investment being directed by both public and private sector clients, there is a need for a technically sound Senior project delivery specialist to join the Waikato team. Project delivery could consist of one or all of the following; education, residential, commercial, public sector, industrial.
The position will work in close partnership with the senior management team, and will oversee, advise, deliver, streamline and directly manage both an experienced team and a significant portfolio across their specialty sectors. Completion of these projects on time, to budget and scope is the key deliverable of the position.
You will play an integral part in assisting to lead the region and business line while working with a solid team on the ground and consistent and repeat clients. You will have ultimate responsibility for the success of your assigned projects as well as identifying efficiencies across the project management function of the builds. Your local connections and network will see you succeed and transition into the business seamlessly, adding value immediately.
Key selection criteria as follows;
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field, i.e: Civil Engineering, Construction, Project Management
- Contribute to the strategic direction and management of this local consultancy office
- Excellent experience in understanding and managing construction contracts
- People leadership experience in a complex and diverse organisational setting
- Direct, monitor and control all aspects of projects from start through to post-project completion
- The ability to manage relationships and stakeholder engagement at all levels
- The ability to analyse complex technical information to provide advice to a wide range of audiences
- Experience leading significant programmes of work within government led funding & private investment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This team are extremely passionate about the service that they provide and the sectors they deliver in. This senior role is essential to ensuring they can achieve continuous successful delivery of high-quality and sustainable projects across the Waikato region, and the rest of the Country.
This will be both a challenging and highly rewarding position for the successful applicant. It's a role for an assured, proven, robustly experienced senior operator who can balance project delivery, team management and on occasion, business development, to achieve successful outcomes. You will be a key go-to leader in the office, supporting and mentoring staff.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the selection criteria and are motivated by the purpose of this position please apply now or contact Rachel McNickle on 027 274 6821 to discuss in confidence.