Auckland, New Zealand
NZ$140000.00 - NZ$160000.00 per annum
09 November 2020
08 January 2021
This role is suited to an experienced construction professional who is both results orientated and an autonomous operator. This team are efficient, focused individuals who take their work and careers seriously. They work with high energy and passion on every project in which they deliver. This permanent position will consist of design management, programme management, risk mitigation, stakeholder management, all while taking a methodical approach to the Construction world. This role requires a "do-er" and traditional project management background due to the nature of the business and scale of the project.
Senior Project Manager for a $100m+ lifestyle project, with other projects in the pipeline consisting of multi-storey builds, industrial, public sector, and more. This small team of Consultancy Project Manager's have a national presence and continue to make a name for themselves with a healthy pipeline soaring through for 2021!
Based in Auckland, you will work with other internal Senior Project Manager's and stakeholders on a large, multi-storey project, up to 26 floors, delivering in a hands on role, providing successful delivery and management of all aspects of the project life cycle, while being well integrated in the wider senior management team.
- Create and execute project work plans and monitor compliance with project budgets and documents
- Ensure design specifications are being met during the construction process
- Understand cost-to-completion projections and make decisions accordingly
- Effectively manage project risk through mitigation planning
- Foster and maintain great relationships with all stakeholders
- Monitor and report against the implemented health and safety plan
- Ability to set, observe and re-evaluate project priorities frequently
Ideal background of the successful candidate:
This role will suit someone with high rise construction experience, particularly strong structures knowledge, a dynamic, fast paced individual who thrives on healthy pressure as this project will be both of a very high standard, and a quick turnaround of approx 2 years. You will be comfortable collaborating with a wider team but also providing very reliable resource by delivering autonomously with not much input from senior management.
- Construction relevant degree or qualification
- At least 8-10+ years of demonstrated project management experience
- Local client side or ideally Consultancy background
- NZ life cycle delivery experience with local contractual knowledge
- Clear and articulate communication with ability to express expectations as well as provide regular constructive feedback
- Driven, determined and a highly motivated individual
- Be enthusiastic and hard working, engaged in leading by example
Interesting project, new challenge, hungry and professional team - this role is immediately available for the right individual! Salary commensurate to level and candidate's experience.
Please apply now or contact Rachel McNickle on 027 274 6821 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.