29 June 2020
29 August 2020
With innovation and high quality, this client has a long standing relationship and reputation in the commercial construction market, and partners with some of the top Consultancies and Developers across NZ. After securing solid work in Wellington, they are particularly looking for a Quantity Surveyor for a high-rise commercial build. This position would provide you with diversity, support, stability, by partnering with a financially sound outfit.
This Quantity Surveyor's role can also extend to an array of project sectors as this main contractors pipeline expands. You will be responsible for the day to day running's of the site when it comes to construction costs and contracts, including supervising work, managing programme and quality against cost and developing meaningful relationships with team on site and key stakeholders.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you would assist with ensuring the successful running of site for this project to achieve client and business objectives, while working with a team who are committed and collaborative. This company has a great reach across the Country and plenty of forecasted work to provide stability. They have immense capability on all sorts of value projects and appreciate those who take pride and care in their work.
In this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Industry and trade relevant qualification
- Local NZ on site experience in commercial or residential
- Experience managing projects with the ability to prepare comprehensive and robust project plans
- In-depth knowledge of New Zealand's construction materials, procedures, standards and contracts
- Excellent technical skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong Health and Safety knowledge
- Self-starter, motivated and demonstrates initiative
A company with decades worth of experience and who has remained busy and solid in terms of forward pipeline. Well structured and managed to ensure a consistent flow of work. You will work with a high performing team and be remunerated according to your experience.
For interest in this role, or available opportunities either released or confidential to market, please apply now or contact Rachel McNickle on 027 274 6821. Opportunity available now for the right candidate.