Wellington Central, Wellington
NZ$120000.00 - NZ$140000.00 per annum + Car, bonus & additional benefits
02 September 2020
03 October 2020
A high-end property development company with projects in Wellington and Auckland, is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join its team based out of their Wellington office.
This is a fascinating role for the fact that it offers an opportunity to work with a seriously successful and highly discerning developer but moreover it provides an opportunity for a builders QS to ply their trade with a development business.
You'll work on a range of high-end residential projects in Wellington looking after both pre and post contract. There will be the potential opportunity of other built forms coming up in the future for this person to work on.
- Help set up the cost management function for the business
- To provide cost planning, tender reviews and cost reporting on construction projects.
- This includes estimation, pricing, schedule of quantities, right through to variations and final accounts.
- Liaising with designers, and contractors to ensure projects cost is being managed and within budget.
- Mitigating any risk through sound processes and value engineering.
- Communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders presenting progress on projects.
To qualify for the role, the candidate will have as follows:
- Tertiary qualification related to quantity surveying and/or construction.
- Previous quantity surveying experience either within a contractor environment is preferable but not mandatory.
- Experience in residential specifically with townhouses.
- Strong relationships with local sub-contractors in the Wellington market.
- Full pre and post contract cost management skill set that runs from feasibility stages through to completed project and turn-key handover.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Complete comfort interfacing and managing all stakeholders including, contractors and consultancy partners.
This is a really exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to work with a a real up and coming New Zealand developer. If you back your skills and want to put them to the test in a very autonomous project environment, this is definitely a role that you need to look seriously at.
There is an excellent salary package on offer with few wee extras that make this a very attractive proposition.
Apply online or if you require more information on the role, contact Matt Donnelly on 09 303 9093