Auckland, New Zealand
23 November 2020
22 January 2021
A superb opportunity has come up to work for a multidisciplinary consultancy delivering commercial and infrastructure projects as Quantity Surveying Team Leader based in Auckland. This top consultancy are experts in their field which specialise across design, planning, cost, and project management.
This is a unique opportunity to lead a Quantity Surveying team to success. You will be managing a team of knowledgeable, driven, passionate and diverse individuals. This role will entail team management, business development and projects work across a number of different asset classes in the North Island.
- Managing, leading, and growing the team of Quantity Surveyors from senior to graduate level.
- Technical lead on pre-contract services including cost planning, bank funding, value engineering, procurement, contract documentation and tender analysis.
- Technical lead on post contact including contract administration, progress valuation, cost negotiation and financial reporting.
- Identify and research relevant future opportunities and focus on developing business for the company.
- Support the wider business when required to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Provide best practice on pre and post contract quantity surveying services.
- Increase responsibility and seniority and develop a career within firm
- Being accountable for the performance of the team and all outputs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Industry related qualification and MRICS or MNZIQS certified would be desired
- Previous experience working on a range of projects within the private and public sector.
- Competent in negotiation and client relationship building accompanied with a sound understanding of contract management.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in dealing with complex issues, and deploys sound problem-solving methodology.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to produce high quality reports.
This is a great opportunity to work with not only a high calibre team but on a wide variety of projects and with an already well-established client base. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, great work culture and an opportunity to work with the best in the business!
To apply in strict confidence, click below or for more information please phone Matt Donnelly on (09) 303 9093