NZ$90000 - NZ$140000 per annum
01 December 2020
30 January 2021
With new projects secured and the pricing of additional ones, there is an obvious need for a Project Manager for this small and nimble team. This Consultancy have a national presence for delivering high quality work with a wide scope of service offerings to market. This role would see you working on a stable pipeline of secured projects including commercial, seismic upgrades, large housing development, hotels and mixed use conversion projects.
The role is suited to an experienced construction professional who is both results orientated and an autonomous worker. This team are efficient, focused individuals who take their work and careers seriously. They work with high energy and passion on every project in which they deliver. This ongoing role will consist of a varied portfolio including due-diligence and advisory, programme management, risk mitigation and project and design management. Having experience across the full construction sector is going to be of immense value in this role due to the nature of the projects.
- Create and execute project work plans and monitor compliance with project budgets and documents
- Ensure design specifications are being met during the construction process
- Understand cost-to-completion projections and make decisions accordingly
- Effectively manage project risk through mitigation planning
- Foster and maintain great relationships with all stakeholders
- Monitor and report against the implemented health and safety plan
- Conduct project review meetings, dealing with contractors work progress, schedule reviews and construction coordination
Ideal background of the successful candidate:
- Construction relevant degree or qualification
- An understanding of the NZ construction industry with 5+ years experience
- NZ consultancy or client rep previous experience
- A strong understanding and knowledge of building code and compliance
- Able to demonstrate project delivery in more than one sector
- Clear and articulate communication with ability to express expectations as well as provide regular constructive feedback
- Ability to set, observe and re-evaluate project priorities frequently
- Communication and management of contractors in an efficient and timely manner
This role would give you a new challenge, where you can be a part of a growth story, and firmly establish a service line, further than it's current capabilities. It will see you working with an experienced and committed team across the wider business, all working towards the same common goals.
Your application will be treated with strict confidence. For more information, please contact Rachel McNickle on 027 274 6821.