20 July 2020
19 September 2020
This talented contractor has yet another local Wellington project on their books which will no doubt be a great success! With their immense capabilities, vast experience and significant market share locally, the business is certainly known to all in the world of Construction. With a couple of large commercial projects due to kick off this year, they are looking for their lead Project Manager to deliver these out.
The role will be situated on a large site in Wellington, responsible for driving projects and personnel to meet or exceed agreed time, cost and quality outcomes. This business has decades of experience on these projects due to the professionalism, high quality service and support/training they provide their teams. You will be required to ensure the implementation of optimal HSE practice and the development and maintenance of exemplary Client / Stakeholder relationships. You will be responsible for all aspects of assigned project(s) and manage through design, construction, delivery, to leading industry standards within a highly professional and commercial environment.
You will be responsible for the day to day management including but not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with all HS&E policies and procedures, and drive change around a safe working culture
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the project specification requirements and follow through to ensure compliance
- Ensure quality requirements are met and provide oversight and review of subcontractor works
- Ensure best construction techniques are incorporated into tenders and working drawings
- Identify and appropriately manage delivery risk associated with projects and fully understand construction and target programmes including all details
- Ensure effective tender lettings are in line with budget and all project expenditure is reviewed, and cost recovery strategies are implemented where possible
- Effective client liaison and relationship management, including consultants, funders and other key stakeholders
- A highly competent and supportive contractor you want on your resume
- Permanent and stable position with progression opportunities
- Work on a large multi-million dollar site with the team to match
- Involvement in supporting charities and industry foundations
- Award winning reputation in commercial construction
- Training and mentoring with proof of follow through
Lead a significant project, busy site and talented team. Work alongside a local leadership team and Directors, learning and brainstorming everyday! Fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant culture and refreshing environment.
Please contact Rachel McNickle on 09 303 9093 for a further discussion on your application, or apply now!