NZ$130000.00 - NZ$160000.00 per annum
07 July 2020
05 September 2020
With a recent focus on updating their business plan, and gearing up for strength and resource to support the economic rebuild in Construction, this Senior Quantity Surveyor role has been created as an investment hire to work closely with the Associate Director of Quantity Surveying. This role is with a renowned Project Management Consultancy, who have an existing presence in cost management, and are looking to gain more market share to effectively deliver for their current and future clients.
This Consultancy are traditionally known for specialising in both Development Management and end to end Project Management across a number of asset classes, including but not limited to: commercial, mixed-use, industrial and public sector work. This team have a national presence for being a project solutions orientated business with admirable confidence and expertise across the Country. Based in Auckland, this role will see you involved in existing work but also partnering with their senior leader to provide collaborative and commercial solutions on a business development front, with great clients and contractors.
The role would likely be suited to an experienced consultancy/client side professional, perhaps sitting in a PQS who isn't being provided the opportunities to grow and develop. This role would have a clear runway to a senior leadership position in the future without numerous obstacles in the way. You would be able to take full accountability and ownership for your growth pathway and be part of telling the success story in the future. Their service offerings also consist of due-diligence, advisory and change management which could appear as a feature of this role over time.
Key criteria and knowledge:
- Pre-contract quantity surveying including cost planning, value engineering, contract documentation, cash flow forecasting, tender analysis, other financial calculations and related reporting.
- Post-contract quantity surveying including contract administration, process valuation, cost negotiation, financial reporting and related activities.
- Post completion quantity surveying.
- Information management and reporting.
- The ability to take the lead as well as work in a team and take instruction when necessary.
- Understand cost-to-completion projections and make decisions accordingly.
- Effectively manage project risk through mitigation planning
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Ideal background of the successful candidate:
- Construction relevant degree or qualification
- An understanding of the NZ construction industry with 5+ years experience
- NZ consultancy or client rep previous experience
- Able to demonstrate the successful delivery of one or more projects
- Clear and articulate communication with ability to express expectations as well as provide regular constructive feedback
- Ability to set, observe and re-evaluate project priorities frequently
- Excellent negotiation skills and stakeholder management
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to break away from the pack and immerse themselves in a new challenge. You will be able to carve out your own career path while delivering reputable projects with an energetic and ambitious wider team.
This position, as well as your application, will be treated with strict confidence. Please apply now or contact Rachel McNickle on 027 274 6821 to discuss.