17 September 2020
16 November 2020
A NZX listed property investment company highly engaged and active in the New Zealand property market are looking for an Analyst to join their investment management team here in Auckland.
This company has managed and owned assets that are some of the most valuable in the country and have a proven track record with demonstrated continual growth in the market.
The main purposes of the role are:
- To provide commercial analytical support to the business in relation to current investments and new business opportunities
- To support the funds management function of the business.
In your new position you will have relationships with all divisions within the company including management and Directors, with key tasks including but not limited to:
- Undertake property investment analysis to support the business in making informed, evidence-based decisions;
- Manage investment funds to maximise return on client Investments;
- Assist in the due diligence process for new business;
- Support the preparation of market disclosures, and any investor relation material
- Liaise with other parts of the wider business to finalise investment analysis and reporting;
- Monitor financial or operational performance of individual investments to ensure portfolios meet risk goals.
- Provide analytical support to assess the financial and value impact of alternative strategies within existing investments and funds
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A NZ recognised tertiary degree in Property or Finance (e.g. Economics, Property, Valuations, Finance, Commerce/Business)
- 1 to 5 years prior experience within the Property sector (e.g. Commercial Valuations, Property/Development Analysts)
- Possess a high financial aptitude, commercial acumen and ability to analyse financial data from budgets, business plans and valuations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the capacity to produce high-quality reports, analysis and presentations under tight deadlines
- Strong numerical reasoning and well-developed financial modelling skills with an understanding and working knowledge of asset management software
- Relationship management experience, and a customer/client focus
- A high level of flexibility and the ability to work hard in a demanding environment
Career enhancing opportunities with an employer of this calibre don't frequent the market very often. If you are looking for entry into a direct investment platform within the property market this is a fantastic opportunity to achieve that objective.
If you're interested to learn more about this opportunity please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation contact Matt Webster at Cobalt Recruitment on (09) 303 9093.