08 June 2020
08 August 2020
This Tier 1 contractor has spotlight projects throughout Auckland and a very positive outlook for the next stage of the economy and Construction rebuild. They have immense capabilities in the high rise commercial space within their teams and will continue to make strong headway in the years to come. They provide professionalism, a high quality service to their clients, stability for their teams and are nationally recognised for their projects.
This Health and Safety Manager's role is at a National level, overseeing their large and complex sites across NZ. You will be responsible for undertaking, monitoring, reviewing and implementing Health and Safety systems to a high level and ensuring the safety and compliance of the business overall with employees, contractors, visitors and the public on sites.
You will have responsibility for further building and maintaining the Health & Safety framework for the business and actively facilitate and lead a proactive Health & Safety culture. You will communicate expectations of the business to all teams and ensure accountability is present on site in adhering to all regulatory requirements.
Requirements for the role include:
The ideal candidate will strive for excellence in your field of expertise and have the following additional qualifications and attributes:
- Experience on Tier 1 projects in the construction build industry - must have worked in high rise vertical construction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Be solutions orientated and commercially minded to identify both risk and opportunity
- Experience must be from the NZ or Australian market to ensure you are familiar with NZ legislation
- Confident, proactive and a willingness to drive change
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
If you are ready to take on the challenge of supporting and leading large and busy sites, in building a high performing team accountable for NZ's Health and Safety sector, this is a great role to consider. This will give you the opportunity to join a vibrant culture where your expertise and passion can make a difference.
Please contact Rachel McNickle on 027 274 6821 for a further discussion on your application, or apply now!