NZ$70000 - NZ$80000 per annum
28 July 2020
27 September 2020
This is a role based in a lower decile School, that has come a long way over the past 5 years and continues to go from strength to strength. We have a unique role that involves supporting a high performing and visionary Principal in carrying out the school's strategic objectives. As part of the leadership team, you will help ensure the effective operation of various functions within the school, enhance the School's reputation through strong governance and assisting in managing various projects.
The role will involve:
- governance and operations management - helping the Principal develop its Annual Plan, assisting in financial reporting and being across the Boards requirements, external Ministry legislative requirements and communicating adherence to policies (e.g. Health and Safety etc).
- disputes management
- communication - developing the school's plan, gaining input from key stakeholders, reviewing and signing off on communication materials (e.g. on social media, the school's website etc).
- project management - helping execute special projects while mitigating risk and being a part of change management.
- A legal qualification but not looking to practice law
- Good attention to detail and drafting skills - whether developed in private practice, in-house, with an NGO or within a public sector organisation (or a mix)
- Stakeholder management capabilities and strong interpersonal skills to work well with people at different levels and background
- An understanding of the NZ education system would be highly regarded
- An understanding of cultural values is key as you'll be working with various ethic groups
This is a great opportunity for someone with a legal background based in South Auckland to take their skills into the education sector. If you're looking for something a bit different, this role will allow you to make a meaningful contribution to the employer you work for, it would be worth enquiring.
Flexibility and part time (4 days a week) could be provided to the right candidate. However, remote working will not be possible.
To find out more, call Anand Ranchhod on 027 2746 186 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.