Auckland, New Zealand
11 January 2021
13 March 2021
Career advancing opportunity available for an intermediate level Quantity Surveyor to join this highly regarded multidisciplinary consultancy. With a focus on infrastructure projects across the Auckland region, you will work as part of a tight knit team on some challenging and interesting projects for private and public sector clients.
Ideally you will have a few years already under your belt in the PQS environment and are ready to step up and take more ownership of projects and clients. The following duties responsibilities form part of the role;
- Pre-contract including cost planning, value engineering, contract documentation, cash flow forecasting, tender analysis, other financial calculations and related reporting.
- Post-contract including contract administration, cost negotiation, financial reporting and related activities.
- Understand cost-to-completion projections and make decisions accordingly.
- Effectively manage project risk through mitigation planning.
Ideally you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience
- Industry related qualifications
- Previous experience working on infrastructure projects for private and/or public sector clients
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to produce high quality reports
- A sound understanding of the NZ infrastructure industry with 2-3 post graduate years experience
- Some exposure to negotiations and client relationship building accompanied with a sound understanding of contract management
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and resilience in dealing with complex issues, and deploy sound problem-solving methodology
This will be a great role for someone ambitious and keen to carve out their career in the infrastructure space. With significant investment into the sector from both public and private organisations there will be numerous opportunities to gain exposure to interesting and challenging projects. For further information please call Andrew Stevenson on 027 274 3525 or apply now.