Harrison De Iongh
19 May 2021
16 June 2021
One of CS Law’s areas of growth is in commercial law, whether it be existing clients instructing the firm on commercial property transactions or new clients that need sound business advice on commercial decisions, the team at CS Law are well-positioned to take on more work. They offer a friendly, modern and flexible environment that is uniquely geared towards your career development while encouraging a good work/life balance environment (rarely working overtime).
Working with a highly regarded commercial Partner and experienced legal support staff in the team, this role would suit ambitious and enthusiastic lawyers keen to take a step up in responsibility and establish themselves for all matters commercial and property-related. Whether you are at an intermediate level and would like a more diverse mix of work, or you’re a senior lawyer and would like to work more autonomously on complex files, this could be the right opportunity for you.
Your day-to-day will involve matters relating to (but not limited to):
- Residential, rural and commercial property transactions;
- Commercial lease drafting, reviews and negotiations;
- Subdivision and property developments;
- Commercial work including company structuring, partnership agreements, business transactions, franchise agreements and advising clients on joint venture arrangements;
- Trusts, wealth and succession planning advice; and
- Meeting with clients to provide sound advice, working on files from start to end with partner supervision.
- 3+ year’s PQE as a NZ qualified lawyer;
- Some relevant property and/or commercial law experience;
- Interested in furthering your experience in these areas, but able to turn your hand to private client work (you'll be part of a collaborative team that services local clients); and
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Client focused and with commercial acumen.
To find out more, email your CV and academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Harrison De Iongh on 027 2745 926 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, click APPLY to send through your details.
Your application will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality and your details will only be put forward with your prior consent. Cobalt is working on these positions exclusively with CS Law and all applications made directly or through another party will be passed onto Cobalt for screening.