Auckland, New Zealand
05 November 2020
04 January 2021
Exclusive to Cobalt, this position is the first of its kind in New Zealand. This is not your regular commercial lawyer role where it is about how much you can bill and working long hours, instead, you are leveraging technology in a collaborative virtual environment to provide sound legal advice on commercial and technology contracts to large businesses. The future of law is changing and Cobalt is at the forefront of supporting innovation in the legal industry.
We have partnered with an innovative international law firm that specialises in providing advice and complex technology contracts to their clients which includes (but isn't limited to) outsourcing agreements, SaaS agreements, I.T. procurement contracts, software licencing agreements and general commercial contracts. They service a diverse range of clients including global financial services companies, international fund managers and large financial regulatory bodies. Their client base is constantly expanding, even more so this year, which is how this position has come up. There is scope for growth at this firm that promotes continuous learning and career development as part of their people-focused culture.
You will form part of a global team of commercial lawyers to service clients across the Asia Pacific time-zone (GMT +8) and the role will involve:
- Drafting and reviewing an extensive suite of commercial and technology agreements;
- Working with blue-chip international clients on complex commercial requirements;
- Work-from home either full-time or part-time (fully remote position);
- Work with the latest legal-tech systems that are re-shaping the legal industry;
- Coming up with creative solutions and innovative ways to improve the team's delivery;
- Collaborating with other lawyers in the business on overlapping projects and large matters;
- Induction, systems training and ongoing mentorship with the global team to ensure you are honing your skills.
- 4+ years PQE working for a commercial/technology law firm or from an in-house environment working with commercial agreements;
- Experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating of commercial contracts ;
- Able to work in the Asia Pacific time-zone (i.e. between 12 pm and 9 pm NZT);
- Be based in New Zealand and must have NZ residency or citizenship;
- A naturally solution-oriented approach with the ability to creatively solve problems in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills and enjoy consulting with clients and being a trusted legal advisor;
- Additional language skills in Mandarin, Cantonese, Chinese or Japanese will be advantageous (but not mandatory);
- High levels of self-motivation, interpersonal skills and team spirit are important for this home-based position (there will be heaps of mentoring though).
This position could appeal to you if you're a working parent that would prefer to work from home, while still keeping your skills fresh. Maybe you're a night owl and would rather work into the evening or a returning Kiwi looking to get back into the legal market, either way, get in touch with us to find out more.
If you'd like to apply, send your CV, academics to email@example.com. We are sure you have more questions, which we will gladly answer with your CV in hand. If you would like a confidential chat in the first instance, call Harrison on 027 2745 926.