Auckland, New Zealand
24 January 2021
24 February 2021
A technical professional Consultancy are looking to hire an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to support the QS team on a wide range of projects. This team is reputable, dynamic and passionate about the work they deliver. The business has a progressive approach to construction and its clients, realising and maximising on opportunities with new buildings or alterations to existing.
In this role, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Assisting with pre-contract Quantity surveying including cost planning, value engineering, contract documentation, tender analysis and related reporting
- Post-contract including contract administration, progress valuation and cost negotiation
- Information management including assistance on price enquiries and maintenance
- Work with the team to analyse profitability and revenue within the project ensuring the financial goals are met
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant industry degree in Quantity Surveying
- Have a good understanding of NZ construction methodology and local contracts
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Excel and Word
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Integrity with the ability to create and maintain trust
- A positive attitude and proactive problem solver
This role will see you working with an experienced team of Quantity Surveyors with exposure to the project lifecycle, including training seminars, professional career development, and a busy workload for plenty of learnings!
Please apply now if this opportunity is of interest to you.