12 October 2020
11 December 2020
A leading consultancy are looking for a Project Architect to be based in central Auckland. This firm has a positive reputation in their line of work and a progressive approach to construction with repeat clients providing stable and guaranteed work.
The business has a wide range of services and value add for their clients including new build, alterations and upgrades, architectural design, internal fit outs, due diligence and feasibility studies. The role is within a dynamic and personable team, focused and motivated towards the same company goal, of delivering high quality services and communication, whilst growing the business and team to become the best in the industry. There will career development available, with the platform to prove yourself and have a clear career pathway to higher honours.
The role is primarily responsible for the provision of accurate, timely and comprehensive Architectural services to a range of clients from commercial to residential property owners and occupiers. You will be working on a range of staged projects across NZ, while mentoring more junior team and developing the service line further. Business Development would be an objective, should you have the connections and network to generate opportunities.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Design management including architectural observations and on-site architectural services
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims and manage risk appropriately
- Project set up and programming
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, other consultants and affected parties throughout the length of any project
- Compliance and health and safety management
- Provide regular reports indicating progress against targets
- Support colleagues and team to deliver on individual and business objectives
The ideal candidate will have a passion for construction design and:
- Tertiary qualification in related field - BAS, NZCAD, BBSc, Master of Architecture
- 7+ years relevant architectural experience in the construction industry
- Highly proficient in the use of design softwares, ideally in ArchiCAD or Revit
- A deep working knowledge of architectural principles and technical knowledge of key standards/NZBC
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills. Good computer skills, proficient with MS office
Great opportunity to continue building your career and join a proactive company, taking the current industry challenges and turning them into business and resource opportunities.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand. Role available asap. Please apply now or contact Rachel McNickle on 027 274 6821 to discuss further.