Crafting an irresistible CV is an essential step to getting noticed by an employer. It should be clear and concise, showcasing your achievements, value and what you have to offer to the employer. Your CV has to fully represent you but it must be tailored to every single job you apply for. At Cobalt, we can give you quality CV advice and support, helping to put you in the best position to land an interview.
For a strong CV, we recommend the following:
- Short sentences and keywords
- Include impressive achievements to show the kind of results you’re capable of, but back up your achievements with facts and figures.
- Ensure your CV is chronological and set it in a background that is clear and easy to read.
- Keep your CV to two pages. Make it short and sharp, and cut out any older, less relevant roles.
- Include a short personal statement to explain why you are the best person for the job.
- Try to focus the CV towards your skills and major achievements that are specific to the job you’re applying for.
Your CV should begin with your contact details and then progress to your personal statement. Following this, list your work experience in reverse chronological order and based on how relevant the roles are for the positions you’re applying for. Make sure to include a small description of the responsibilities involved in the role you held.
After this, you should include a section detailing your educational background and any professional courses and training that are relevant to the role. This is your chance to show off your academic history. The best way to conclude your CV is to list a few personal interests and hobbies, as well as providing a list of references from past jobs.
Once you have updated your CV, don't hestitate to get in touch.