General Manager - Investment
- New Zealand, Auckland
- Property & Real Estate, Investment
- 11th October 2017
- Job Type
Stride Property, one of New Zealand's leading listed property companies is recruiting for a General Manager – Investment, a key role in the continued growth, management and diversification of the business's portfolio.
Stride is one of New Zealand's largest property owners and investment managers, with approximately $2.1 billion of commercial office, retail and industrial properties under management, including celebrated assets such as the Meridian Building in Wellington and the NorthWest Shopping Centre in Auckland.
An important part of Stride's strategy is to grow its investment management business, by acquiring properties that exhibit enduring demand, those being places that attract the highest demand in all conditions.
The GM – Investment position is central to the continued realisation of that primary goal. The position will be responsible for the origination and execution of capital transaction opportunities, including due diligence, financial modelling, investor/stakeholder relationships, capital structuring and managing the investment approval process. Other key responsibilities include investment strategy and oversight of the business planning process. The role will be responsible for a team of five and will enjoy a close working relationship with the CEO who will be actively supporting Stride's investment activity.
Skills, experience and attributes required for this role include the following;
• 15+ years experience within the property/real estate industry working in a senior investment management/cap trans role
• Strong analytical skills including detailed investment feasibility, business case preparation and presentation to investors
• Proven track record of deal sourcing and execution
• Degree qualified majoring in in property/business/finance/accounting
• Proven experience in capital structuring
• Funds management experience
• Board reporting experience essential
• Innate sense of commercial awareness
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
Stride Property is one of the most exciting growth stories in the NZ listed property pace. This position sits front and centre to that story and represents a fantastic opportunity to make a very meaningful contribution to the successful realisation of Stride's ambitions.
If this is a position that you are matched too and are interested in please apply with your CV attached to enable further discussion.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.