Funds Analyst - Retail
- New Zealand
- Property & Real Estate, Fund Management
- 14th September 2017
- Job Type
A NZX listed property investment company highly engaged and active in the New Zealand property market are looking for an Analyst to join their investment management team here in Auckland. This company has managed and owned assets that are some of the most valuable in the country and have a proven track record with demonstrated continual growth in the market.
The main purposes of the role is to provide commercial analytical support to the business in relation to current investments and new business opportunities within the retail sector.
In your new position you will have relationships with all divisions within the company including management and Directors, with key tasks including but not limited to:
- Undertake property investment analysis to support the business in making informed, evidence based decisions
- Manage investment funds to maximize return on client Investments
- Assist in the due diligence process for new business
- Support the preparation of market disclosures, and any investor relation material
- Liaise with other parts of the wider business to finalise investment analysis and reporting
- Monitor financial or operational performance of individual investments to ensure portfolios meet risk goals
- Provide analytical support to assess the financial and value impact of alternative strategies within existing investments and funds.
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A recognised tertiary degree in Property or Finance
- Property, finance, banking, accounting or work experience from consultancy, or other property investors
- Financial management skills
- Strong work ethic and a keen desire to continue your professional development
- A commercially savvy attitude; understanding business principles, opportunities and threats to enhance business performance
- Relationship management experience, and a customer/client focus
- Must be a team player; contributing ideas, and encouraging others
Career enhancing opportunities with an employer of this calibre don't frequent the market very often. If you are looking for entry into a direct investment platform within the property market this is a fantastic opportunity to achieve that objective.