Director of Investments (m/f)
- Germany, Hessen
- Property & Real Estate, Investment Management
- 13th July 2017
- Job Type
Our client is an unincorporated, open-ended real estate investment trust that provides the opportunity to invest in commercial real estate within Europe. With a diversified, growth-oriented portfolio of commercial properties, their aim is to provide investors with stable, sustainable and growing cash flows. Our client invests in markets with a stable business and operating environment, a liquid market for real estate investments, a legal framework that provides adequate rights and protections for property owners and a manageable foreign investment regime.
Our client enables investors to diversify their holdings, another large institutional investors have done, by incorporating international commercial real estate into their portfolios. At the same time, investors have the benefit of a well-managed REIT and a proven management team.
Our client is determined to continue to grow within the European real estate market. Therefore, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent position in Frankfurt for a driven and skilled real estate investment professional. The successful candidate will be responsible for the whole process from sourcing up to coordinating the DD process, signing and closing the deal including full responsibility for the disposal process from start to finish. For this role, a candidate is required who combines analytical, transaction and negotiation skills with a professional, enthusiastic approach that enables him/her to execute highly interesting acquisitions, Joint-Ventures and certain disposition activities in Europe.
Main Tasks / Key Responsibilities:
- Leverage and grow contacts with the brokerage community, vendors and JV investors to maintain and expand the investment pipeline.
- Develop new contacts in potential new markets and identify new opportunities in existing markets.
- Review, tour and assess pipeline opportunities.
- Effectively screen potential opportunities whilst prioritizing time efficiency and providing preliminary input for modeling of potential opportunities; review models as transactions progress.
- Gather information on competitive landscape for targeted deals, bid strategy.
- Appointing and supervising third parties such as lawyers, valuers and surveyors as part of the transactions process.
- Negotiating LOIs and coordinate due diligence; negotiate PSAs and develop and execute vendor communication and strategy.
- Advise the Senior Management of local acquisition targets and possible new local business targets, in order to set up a medium and long-term acquisition program.
- Build key relationships with operating partners and key business relationships both inside the group and externally.
- Represent the company within the market.
- Assist with securing debt on new acquisitions.
- Interact with the asset management team and assist with the execution of asset management strategies.
- Prepare and provide support with presentations, valuations, investments memos and research.
- Preparation of board papers to recommend potential transactions and creation of summary business plans
- Strong collaboration with other team members in Germany, Luxemburg and Toronto.
- Degree in business administration or real estate (IREBS, BA etc.), ideally with an additional real estate-specific degree (Master in Real Estate, Immobilienökonom, MBA, MRICS)
- Proven experience within an investment management capacity in Germany/Europe.
- Extensive experience working on a variety of property and portfolio transactions, ideally across the commercial (especially office) sector.
- Currently working for an investor or leading agency within the investment department.
- Proven track record of personally executing transactions, demonstrating strong diligence and awareness of risk versus reward associated with investments.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the German/European property market.
- Proven ability to identify and develop key relationships to ensure a consistent flow of investment opportunities.
- Market facing with a strong and valuable network of relationships in the property community such as brokers and owners.
- Financially astute with the ability to assess and evaluate opportunities from an analytical perspective (cash flow calculations, risk/return etc.) and a business context
- Manage and mentor an Investment Associate.
- Direct report to the Senior Vice President / Head of Investments in Toronto.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Development experience is a plus but not required.
- First management experience of advantage.
- Understanding of, and passion for the real estate investments process.
- Proven ability to creatively identify new ideas and opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Ability to anticipate needs and commit to respond in agreed time frames.
- Ability to advance a variety of transactions relentlessly and simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills and intuitive ability to assess and respond to the requirements of a particular transaction and the competitive landscape.
- Self-motivated and ambitious balanced individual (ability to “get things done”) with the willingness to work in an international, dynamic organisation with a strong entrepreneurial and deadline-driven culture.
- Team player with a strong personal credibility, communication and presentation skills and ability to represent the company externally in a highly professional way.
- Excellent report writing skills with keen attention to detail as well as high standard of computer literacy (especially with Argus and Excel).
- German native speaker with fluency in English; written and spoken.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Are you interested?
Then please send your complete application with the reference number DB/1273855 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Daniel Bauer at +49 (0)69 3 4877 4470