- New Zealand, Auckland
- Construction & Engineering, Building Surveying
- 18th July 2017
- Job Type
An award winning International QS Consultancy is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to be part of their successful and ambitious team. They work in partnership with their clients across a wide range of public and private sector projects, providing high quality services and outcomes.
This is a key role within the business, supporting Project Managers to deliver projects on time and within budget and with a satisfied customer. Working on projects across Residential, Education, mixed use developments, Hotels and Leisure, managing the financial delivery of projects between $50M - $600M.
This leading consultancy has a committed and self motivated team and company culture, with a high focus on their people and succession planning of their careers. To be successful in this role you will have a proven track record in QS as well as strong business acumen, delivering the highest standard of excellence to your customers in both projects and communication. You will be rewarded and recognised as an expert within your field, with an exciting future ahead.
- Pre-contract Quantity surveying including cost planning, value engineering, contract documentation, tender analysis and related reporting
- Post-contract including contract administration, progress valuation and cost negotiation
- Support the Project Managers to deliver the project on time and in budget
- Information management including price enquiries and maintenance and review work as required
- Leadership and guidance to the Junior QS team
- Analyse profitability and revenue within the project ensuring the financial goals are met
- Provide updates and financial results to the Project Manager and Client
- Industry related qualification, including MRICS certified
- NZ working experience is highly desirable
- Have high communication skills and be able to converse with clients and build rapport
- Integrity in business dealings at all times – ability to create and maintain trust
- Technical skills – negotiating, settling, understand a construction program
- Understand contract documents and responsibilities, and report on these
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to be part of a leading business and gain some great career progression with a supportive and high performing team.