Project Manager - Large Retail
- NZD $140,000 - 160,000 per annum + performance bonuses
- New Zealand
- Construction & Engineering, Project Management
- 28th September 2017
- Job Type
A leading independent wealth management company in Australia and New Zealand are looking for a Project Manager to lead the way across a diverse range of retail projects.
This client is a leading investment house in New Zealand. They are at the forefront of their industry and their customers are wide and diverse. This will be a significant opportunity to manage the development of two major retail projects that will be a huge benefit to the Auckland community and its customers.
Step up and use your knowledge and capability to deliver a successful outcome for these substantial projects which total 100M. This will be an impressive development to add to your project experience where you will successfully operate in a live working environment while being challenged on delivering some innovative and intricate designs.
If you have a strong background in the construction industry and experience delivering in retail, this client side opportunity may be the next step along your ambitious career path.
- Monitor progress against the agreed programme, review design proposals of construction and cost estimates for alternative design development solutions
- Arrange for the Project Team to adhere to principles of Value Management and Risk Analysis such that the design efficiently achieves objectives
- Prepare detailed pre-contract construction programme, and identify corrective action to minimise any delays or adverse events
- Confirm the procurement strategy for the projects, arrange tender openings and reports with the Development Manager
- Direct the preparation of a detailed construction programme and review content
- Carry out regular monitoring and inspection of activity on site and instigate appropriate action in the event of any technical problems
- Provide monthly reports on progress to the Development Manager and advise on any suggested action
- Co-ordinate the handover and inspections between contractor and client, and monitor the preparation of Operation and Maintenance manuals to meet with the client’s requirements.
- Oversee and confirm the settlement of final accounts with contractors and suppliers
- Retail Project Management experience is essential
- Understanding and ability to perform and operate at an excellent level whilst in a live commercial environment
- Client facing, highly presentable and well spoken
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- 6 - 10 years plus in the Construction industry
- Proven success in a diverse range of projects from conception to completion
This company continually strive for their staff to be positively challenged and feel a sense of purpose and pride in what they do. You will be rewarded with a dynamic working culture, a great range of benefits, competitive package and diverse and challenging projects.