- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Building Surveying
- 1st August 2017
- Job Type
Surveyor - Buildings & Structures
A new opportunity for a building surveyor has become available within my local council client. They are currently looking to recruit a Building Surveyor with demonstrable experience of delivering Capital Investment projects on commercial / public buildings. You will have the opportunity to be working on a range of projects, with a focus on commercial properties. You will also be assisting in the development of day-to-day delivery of Reactive Repairs & Planned Maintenance Programmes.
The successful Building Surveyor will have a varied array of responsibilities including;
- Liaise with Customers over repair and maintenance matters,
- To liaise with the Council's legal and procurement service when preparing and procuring contracts
- Procuring consultants and contractors to undertake reactive and planned maintenance
- Manage Capital Budgets appertaining to specific projects and ensure revenue spend is controlled
- Working knowledge of leading construction related projects to completion stage and sign off
- Working knowledge of modern procurement, contract and project management processes and procedures
- Experience having worked on buildings within the public sector
- Experience of working to contractual deadlines
- BSc in Building Surveying
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated, ambitious and organised
This is an ideal opportunity to work within the Local Authority and to gain invaluable experience within the field.
What to do next...
If you are interested in applying for the position or wish for further information please click apply or call 020 7478 2500 for more information.