Vice President - Private Equity Fund Accounting
- SGD $10,000 - 13,000 per month + Plus Competitive Benefits
- Asia, Singapore
- Accounting, Property/Client/Service Charge Accounting
- 1st August 2017
- Job Type
The VP will help manage and monitor transaction processing, proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, and financial reporting, for private equity clients.
The VP will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our private equity and hybrid fund clients. Vice presidents should have a strong background in accounting for alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity, hedge funds, and/or hybrid funds, proven client management skills, and the ability to manage and lead a team in monitoring client deliverables and meeting deadlines. Additionally, the vice president is responsible for exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions.
- Manage multiple fund relationships, including scheduling and meeting all client deliverables
- Maintain/manage client expectations and coordinate deliverables timelines with staff
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, specifically with respect to alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity, hedge funds, and/or hybrid funds
- Participate in new business discussions with prospects and existing clients
- Prepare and maintain goals and career development plans for all direct reports
- Prepare performance appraisals and discussions for all direct reports
- Provide guidance and direction to staff on all technical and client-service-related topics
- Review fund governing documents, offering documents, subscription documents, side letters, and investment management agreements, in order to ensure proper application of fund terms
- Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Working knowledge of liquid/illiquid investment strategies, and accounting for equity, credit/fixed income, structured finance vehicles, and derivatives instruments
- Review work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Review management fee calculations, including offsetable amounts, management fee waiver contributions, etc.
- Review investor allocations and capital account statements
- Review capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Create, maintain, and/or review distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
- Prepare and/or review financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Develop/maintain robust review procedures around deliverables
- Manage the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the client and auditors
- Where applicable, support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
- Help develop and support targeted, continuing education for all direct reports
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
- Bachelor Degree in a commerce or accounting discipline
- Professional qualifications such as CPA or CA
- 10+ years’ experience in accounting, with a focus on alternative investments funds – private equity, hedge funds, and/or hybrid funds experience a plus
- Knowledge of Singapore FRS, IFRS and US GAAP with an emphasis on investment partnerships and financial instruments
- 3+ years’ experience supervising two or more professional staff
- Hands-on management style with strong leadership skills and ability to develop staff
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sungard Investran experience a plus
- Advent Geneva experience a plus