Group Reporting Accountant
- GBP55000 - GBP65000 per annum + bonus and non-contributory pension
- UK, London
- Accounting, Corporate Accounting
- 11th June 2017
- Job Type
One of the UK's most recognisable and internationally active property businesses, whose development and investment portfolios include commercial, retail and luxury residential, are looking for an experienced financial accountant to join their Group Reporting team.
Active across the Europe, Asia and the USA, the business offers exception career development and mobility opportunities.
The Group Accountant will work as part of a small, high calibre team with wide-ranging responsibility for managing the financial and consolidated reporting for the Group. Working with the Group Reporting Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with the Operating Companies to ensure complete and timely reporting in accordance with relevant accounting standards & Group accounting policies and in line with the Group reporting timetable.
- Preparation of the complex financial consolidation for the Group for the purposes of the annual statutory accounts, quarterly management accounts and annual budgets.
- Prepare draft commentary for the Group management accounts and budgets for Group Board review.
- Monitor and analyse Operating Company performance.
- Contribute to the production of the Group Annual Report by the preparation of schedules, notes and draft commentary.
- Work with the Group Reporting Manager to develop and enhance the Group consolidation system and consolidation processes.
- Review developments in financial reporting standards and work with the Group Reporting Manager and the Operating Companies to ensure compliance with external GAAP and Group accounting policies.
- Undertake ad-hoc financial analysis.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA).
- Excellent analytical capabilities and excel skills.
- Experience of multi-currency consolidations with complex structures, and analysing / explaining financial results essential.
- Previous experience of producing management accounts.
- Preferably trained in a "big four" accounting practice with exposure to "blue-chip" FTSE or multi-national businesses, followed by post qualification experience in a Group role.
- Prior experience in the property industry is advantageous.
- Up-to-date and thorough knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and reporting requirements.
- Previous experience of Cognos Controller (preferred not essential).