Assistant Fund Accountant
- GBP33000 per annum
- UK, London
- Accounting, Fund Accounting
- 10th July 2017
- Job Type
This role is working for a rapidly expanding multinational business that provides fund administration, accounting and investor reporting to a wide range of real estate and private equity funds. It's a great time to join, as they are seeing exceptional growth and have won a number of awards for the excellent services they provide.
The successful candidate will be responsible for servicing the needs of a portfolio of private equity or real estate clients. The individual will liaise with the CFO and financial team of the funds, third parties (including auditors) and any other external advisors necessary to ensure all issues are resolved and deadlines met. There will also be a number of responsibilities including tracking the financial performance of the fund and assisting with calls, distributions and other day to day functions.
With one of the team going on maternity leave, this role will initially be a 7 month maternity cover. However, with the growth of the team there is a possibility that this role could become permanent.
Experience required includes;
- A full understanding of UKGAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards preferably gained within a funds environment.
- Understanding of the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity and real estate firms (our clients)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and especially clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence
- The individual must above all have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated working use of accounting packages.
- Strong double entry and journal skills.
- Strong spreadsheet skills